- Written by Super User2
Openness to the Spirit
- We believe in a faith-filled commitment to collaborate with others who embrace and share a common mission.
- We believe PHJC ministry demands advocacy on behalf of justice.
- We believe in attentive listening and courageous response.
- We believe sharing ministry and nurturing leadership contributes to peace and love in the world.
- We believe we will work most harmoniously with others who recognize and accept the truth of our gifts and limitations.
- We believe in responding to the needs of the time.
- We believe justice demands advocacy on behalf of those in need.
- We believe the mission of Jesus calls us to be faithful to the Catholic Church’s social principles.
- We believe our ministry is adapted to the needs of others. We believe we are willing to serve wherever the needs arise.
- We believe we will respond to challenges of the future, which will lead us to new ways of ministry.
- We believe the person who founded our community, Catherine Kasper, was profoundly humble and simple. Those engaged in Poor Handmaid of Jesus Christ ministries express these virtues in their work.
- We believe simplicity is the quality of singleness of purpose in one’s life.
- We believe in the wise use and care for all resources.
- We believe humble and simple persons rejoice in their gifts and the giftedness of others.
Dignity and Respect for All
- We believe all life on the planet is sacred and deserves respect and protection.
- We believe human life is sacred throughout all stages of existence from conception to death.
- We believe each person deserves respect and affirmation regardless of race, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, status or ability.
- We believe each person has rights and responsibilities and must be respected and treated fairly.