By listening to the needs of the homeless and underserved in Gary, IN, the Poor Handmaids opened Sojourner Truth House in 1997, which now serves over 2000 clients each month.
- We believe in a faith-filled commitment to collaborate with others who embrace and share a common mission.
- We believe PHJC ministry demands advocacy on behalf of justice.
- We believe in attentive listening and courageous response.
- We believe sharing ministry and nurturing leadership contributes to peace and love in the world.
- We believe we will work most harmoniously with others who recognize and accept the truth of our gifts and limitations.